‘Tis the time of year for top 10 lists. Here at Duke Digital Collections HQ, we cannot just pick 10, because all our digital collections are tops! What follows is a list of all the digital collections we have launched for public access this calendar year.
Our newest collections include a range of formats and subject areas from 19th Century manuscripts to African American soldiers photograph albums to Duke Mens Basketball posters to our first Multispectral Images of papyrus to be ingested into the repository. We also added new content to 4 existing digital collections. Lastly, our platform migration is still ongoing, but we made some incredible progress this year as you will see below. Our goal is to finish the migration by the end of 2020.
New Digital Collections
- African American Soldiers Photo Albums (browse all 8 or 1 by 1 using the links below):
- African American soldier’s Korean War photograph album
- African American soldier’s Vietnam War photograph album
- African American soldier’s World War II photograph album of India
- African American soldier’s World War II photograph album of Munich, German
- Earl Garfield Cunningham World War II scrapbook, photographs, and ephemera
- Henry Heyliger photograph album of occupied Japan
- Maynard Miller photograph album of occupied Japan
- Women’s Army Corps and WAC African American Band scrapbook from Fort Des Moines
- Contract with Freedmen on Plains Plantation
- Duke Chapel Illuminated Photographs
- Duke Men’s Basketball Posters
- Duke University Payroll Ledgers, 1927-28 and 1930
- Duke University Woman’s College Handbooks
- Harmonic and keyboard designing book
- Hayti Elizabeth Street renewal area
- Ira Grady scrapbook
- Le Pillage du Cap, révolte de Saint-Domingue, 1793
- Lois Wright Richardson Davis
- Mason Crum Papers
- Memory Project
- Papyri 1377, both in full spectrum and multispectral imaging
- See highlights of the images or access the full multispectral image stacks
- Paul A. Samuelson Economics Cassette Series
- Small manuscript collections from the Rubenstein Library, Boxes 20-35 or Charles Butler – James Beauchamp Clark papers
- Sir Percy Moleworth Sykes Photograph Album
- Woman: the world over
Additions to Existing Collections
- Duke Chapel Recordings (800 new recordings)
- Duke Chronicle, 1939-40 issues
- Radio Haiti Archive
Migrated Collections into the Duke Digital Repository
- H. Lee Waters film collection
- Mary Dowdell Ashley film collection
- Resource of Outdoor Advertising Descriptions
- Sidney Gamble photographs
2 thoughts on “Digital Collections 2019”
Thank you author .keep it up.
I believe that is among the such a lot vital info for me.
And i am happy reading your article. However want to observation on some normal issues, The web site taste is great, the articles is truly great : D.
Just right activity, cheers
Comments are closed.