In honor of Martin Luther King’s vision and in support of our local community, the Duke University Libraries are running a children’s book drive through January 10, 2020.
The books we collect will be donated to Book Harvest, a North Carolina nonprofit that believes in the power of books to change children’s lives and works to ensure that all children can grow up in book-rich homes. Since it was launched in 2011, Book Harvest has provided more than one million donated books to children throughout North Carolina.
We need new and gently used books for children of all ages, especially board books and picture books for the youngest readers, as well as Spanish and bilingual books, and books with diverse characters and story lines. Even one book can make a difference in a child’s life.
Look for the book collection bins in the following locations, and please help us fill them!
- Perkins Library, in the lobby across from the von der Heyden Pavilion
- Perkins Library, Shipping and Receiving (near the Link)
- Rubenstein Library, Library Administration Suite (2nd Floor)
- Lilly Library, main lobby
- Smith Warehouse, Bay 10, Shipping and Receiving
Learn more about Book Harvest on their website.