As I was preparing for my last year at the School for Information and Library Science (SILS) at UNC, I knew that I needed to gain some practical experience in the library field in addition to my current part-time job. At SILS, I became fascinated with electronic records and how they are being [...]Continue Reading →
I wasn’t looking for a “superstar” photograph in a collection, but I found it anyway. I’m Josh Hager, a student in North Carolina State University’s Public History Masters Degree program and an alumnus of Duke (B.A., History and French Studies). For a class at NCSU, I was working with the RBMSCL’s Technical Services department to [...]Continue Reading →
Meghan Lyon, our technical services assistant, just came back from a week in the Land of the Pharaohs. Just for fun, she and her husband Vaughn took along a packet of Peeps. “The weirdest part,” she notes, “was that they never melted, despite it being over 100 degrees on most days.”
This photograph, [...]Continue Reading →
Most people associate Victorian women with high tea and corsets, not with struggles for justice and equality. However, Angela DiVeglia, graduate intern at the Sallie Bingham Center and co-curator of “I Take Up My Pen: 19th Century British Women Writers,” spends much of her days examining the relationships between current feminist thought and [...]Continue Reading →
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students valentinesday women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- William Stephenson Robertson notebooks and accountbooks, 1854-1886.
- Civil Rights vertical file, 1963-1966.
- African-American funeral orders of service, 1951-1979.
- Friedrich Grünwald China and Southeast Asia photograph album, travel records notebook, envelope, and postcard, 1890-1941.
- Thomas H. Loomis scrapbook, 1874-1908.
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 67) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 66 no. 27-51) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 66 no. 1-27) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 62) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 61) April 14, 2014