As I was preparing for my last year at the School for Information and Library Science (SILS) at UNC, I knew that I needed to gain some practical experience in the library field in addition to my current part-time job. At SILS, I became fascinated with electronic records and how they are being [...]Continue Reading →
I wasn’t looking for a “superstar” photograph in a collection, but I found it anyway. I’m Josh Hager, a student in North Carolina State University’s Public History Masters Degree program and an alumnus of Duke (B.A., History and French Studies). For a class at NCSU, I was working with the RBMSCL’s Technical Services department to [...]Continue Reading →
Meghan Lyon, our technical services assistant, just came back from a week in the Land of the Pharaohs. Just for fun, she and her husband Vaughn took along a packet of Peeps. “The weirdest part,” she notes, “was that they never melted, despite it being over 100 degrees on most days.”
This photograph, [...]Continue Reading →
Most people associate Victorian women with high tea and corsets, not with struggles for justice and equality. However, Angela DiVeglia, graduate intern at the Sallie Bingham Center and co-curator of “I Take Up My Pen: 19th Century British Women Writers,” spends much of her days examining the relationships between current feminist thought and [...]Continue Reading →
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks audubon civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games german judaica holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen madmenmondays movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography postcards recipes researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students thanksgiving wola women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Paul Derval, a le plaisir de vous presenter Une vraie folie : superspectacle en 2 actes et 40 tableaux de Michel Gyarmathy.
- Casino de Paris : Tout Paris, revue en 2 actes et 45 tableaux de M.M. Albert Willemetz, Saint Granier et Jean Le Seyeux, présentée par Léon Volterra.
- Premier album descriptif de Montmartre en 1927
- Novellen und Erzählungen (Volume c.1) May 21, 2013
- Der Roman der XII; (Volume c.1) May 21, 2013
- Im Hafen : lyrische und epische Dichtungen (Volume c.1) May 21, 2013
- Die Pietisten : Roman aus dem Leben der neuesten Zeit May 21, 2013
- Die Pietisten : Roman aus dem Leben der neuesten Zeit (Volume Bd.2 c.1) May 20, 2013