Date: October 31, 2013
Time: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Location: Perkins Library, Room 217
Contact: Rachel Ingold, 919-684-8549 or rachel.ingold(at)duke.edu
Stop by for a special Halloween “eeeks”-ibit and open house featuring some of the creepiest and most macabre items from the shadowy depths of the Rubenstein Library’s vaults. Will you dare to:
- Gaze in awe at a box full of glass eyeballs?
- Feel your head spin as you read letters describing the case that inspired The Exorcist (from the Parapsychology Laboratory Records)?
- Quoth nevermore after experiencing Gustave Doré’s illustrations for The Raven?
- Steel yourself to view a medieval amputating saw?
- Cackle frightfully at seventeenth-century accounts of witchcraft?
- Sink your teeth into images of vampires, werewolves, the living dead, and Frankenstein’s monster?
These and many other spook-tacular books, photographs, comics, diaries, letters, artifacts, and more will be on display!
Oh, and did we mention that there will be free candy?