The John Hope Franklin Research Center for African and African American History and Culture is pleased to announce the addition of 310 oral history interviews to the Behind the Veil Digital Collection. The addition to the collection documents the lives of African Americans from the state of North Carolina who lived through the era of Jim Crow in the Charlotte, Durham, Endfield, New Bern and Wilmington areas. The digitization efforts were made possible by the Triangle Research Libraries Network’s Content, Context and Capacity grant project to document the Long Civil Rights Movement in the state. Researchers now have access over 400 digitized interviews from the collection from states throughout the American South.
To listen to the digitized interviews please visit – http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/behindtheveil/
To view the entire collection, please visit – http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/findingaids/btv/
To learn more about the making of digital collection, please visit the Digital Collections blog: http://blogs.library.duke.edu/bitstreams/2014/02/07/announcing-310-new-behind-the-veil-interviews-and-a-new-blog/
For more information, contact, John B. Gartrell, Director, Franklin Research Center.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American African American history archives artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Haiti Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography recipes renovation rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Outpost Films Billion Dollar Babe production video, 1998 January 28.
- Alan Alpert illustrated journal of business travel in Greece and India, with notes on Indian religious beliefs, 1978 July 6-1979 Jan 3.
- Catherine Love poetry and miscellaneous scrapbook, 1832 March 10.
- Congo Free State photograph album presented to King Léopold II, 1892 August 18.
- Kristin Bedford photographs, 1930s-2014 and undated.
- Divini Gregorij Nyssae Episcopi qui fuit frater Basilij Magni Libri octo : I. De Homine, II. De Anima, III. De Elementis, IIII. De Viribus animae, V. De volũ[n]tario et inuolũ[n]tario, VI. De Fato, VII. De Libero arbitrio, VIII. De Prouidentia.
- Homo microcosmus, hoc est: Parvus mundus, macrocosmo : id est: magno mundo, in variis aeri incisis figuris tot[q́ue] carminibus Latinis, per selectiores veterum poëtarum fabulas, nec non elegantiores quasdam historias, emblematicè expositus : cujus haec editio tertia : in qua Latina ist a carmina puris rhythmis, Germanicis sunt donata, fabulae verò mythologicaè elucidatae, adjectis brevibus, ast salutaribus, ethico-politico-theologicus moralibus : opus, non solùm ad studiosae juventutis, sed etiam pictorum, scluptorum, aliorumq́ue artificum graphidi & caelaturae incumbentium, usum & delectationem adornatum
- The big feminist but : comics about women, men and the ifs, ands & buts of feminism
- Of aged angels
- Children of the plains