The Archive of Documentary Arts monthly blog post highlights work in our holdings that has been digitized. This month, we remember the great Mississippi Delta Bluesman, Honeyboy Edwards (1915-2011), through the photography of Cedric Chatterley. Cedric traveled with Honeyboy extensively on the national and international concert circuit. He also visited Honeyboy in Chicago and photographed the South Side in winter. To see more of Cedric Chatterley’s photographs of Honeyboy Edwards, visit the library’s online exhibit site. To learn more about the photography of Cedric Chatterley take a look at the catalog record that describes his collection to date. Eventually, Cedric Chatterley’s life’s work will be housed in the Archive of Documentary Arts.
Post contributed by Karen Glynn, Photography Archivist, Archive of Documentary Arts.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games halloween holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography postcards recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Anekdoten für das Herz December 10, 2013
- Sammlung von Geschichten, Erzählungen und kurzen Aufsätzen : Mädchen und Jünglinge zur angenehm Unterhaltung December 9, 2013
- Auf den Spuren der Azteken : ein mexikanisches Reisebuch December 9, 2013
- Yankees und Indianer December 9, 2013
- A third letter from the Rev. Robert Hawker, D.D., Vicar of Charles, Plymouth, to the Rev. R. Polwhele, Vicar of Manaccan, Cornwall December 9, 2013