Exhibit Dates: October 24-December 20, 2013
Opening Reception: October 24, 2013, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Location: The Porch of the Center for Documentary Studies, 1317 West Pettigrew Street, Durham (directions)
Contact: John B. Gartrell, john.gartrell(at)duke.edu
The John Hope Franklin Research Center for African and African American History and Culture and North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company present, “Soul & Service,” a historical exhibition celebrating the 115th anniversary of North Carolina Mutual. This Durham institution is the nation’s oldest and largest insurance company with roots in the African American community. The photos and documents featured in the presentation were drawn from the North Carolina Mutual Company Archives, jointly held by the Rubenstein Library and the University Archives and Records Special Collections at North Carolina Central University. “Soul & Service” will be on display of the porch of the Center for Documentary Studies from October 24-December 20, 2013.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games halloween holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography postcards recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Anekdoten für das Herz December 10, 2013
- Sammlung von Geschichten, Erzählungen und kurzen Aufsätzen : Mädchen und Jünglinge zur angenehm Unterhaltung December 9, 2013
- Auf den Spuren der Azteken : ein mexikanisches Reisebuch December 9, 2013
- Yankees und Indianer December 9, 2013
- A third letter from the Rev. Robert Hawker, D.D., Vicar of Charles, Plymouth, to the Rev. R. Polwhele, Vicar of Manaccan, Cornwall December 9, 2013