Library books don’t always age gracefully. They get dropped, their covers nicked, their spines cracked, their pages penciled and stained.
Keeping Time: Introducing the New Director of the Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library
Nelson is the new director of Duke’s Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library—or RBMSCL for short.
The Earthquakes in Chile: A Visit on Day 100 Duke’s University Librarian Reports on the Damage to Chilean Universities and Libraries
On June 7, 100 days after the earthquake, I was in Chile with a delegation to assess the damage to universities and their libraries.
Postcard from Venice: Notes from a Study-Abroad Librarian
In recent years, librarians have taken a cue from news reporters and discussed the value of “embedded librarians” to support academic departments. This summer, I had the unique opportunity to put the concept into practice.
- Exhibits – Fall 2010
- Events – Fall 2010
- Dave Eggers Comes to Duke
- Dorothy Allison Papers Come to Duke
- Documenting the Local Church
- Libraries Honor Durden and Middlesworth Prize Winners
- Hostage Nation wins WOLA-Duke Book Award
- A Little Library Music
- Daly Selected as “Emerging Leader”
- Harvey Picked to Be Visiting Program Officer
- Duke Joins Compact for Open Access to Scholarly Journals
- Longley Kicks Off Visiting Filmmaker Series
- We’re Number 2!
- Libraries Acquire Papers of Direct Marketing Pioneer and His Agency