Mad Men brought us many great moments this season, and so did our weekly search for vintage ads to accompany the episode each Monday morning. In the process, we discovered many visually and thematically interesting advertisements in the 1968 archives that did not fit with the current episode’s themes. We decided to share some of those in two final blogs that were calling our Mad Men Monday Outtakes.
This week’s themes: Fashion and Food! The late 1960s had a distinctive style. We’ve included men’s formal wear and outer wear, women’s fashion and work-a-day outfits, and neon hued slips and bras. The food photography was almost as distinctive, showing processed convenience foods, frozen vegetable, party nibbles, and, of course, the ubiquitous gelatin mold.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students valentinesday women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Senanga Hospital photograph album, 1920s.
- Claudia Horowitz papers
- Iglesia Metodista San Juan Apostol United Methodist Church bulletin, 1964.
- Germanou tou Hagioutaty Archiepiskopou Konstantinou poleōs neas Romēs kai oichoumenikou Patriarchou, Logos eis ton Eyangelismon = Sancti Germani Constantinopoleos novae Romae Archiepiscopi et Patriarchae Oecumenicj, Sermo in Annunciatonem.
- [Liturgies of Saints Basil, Chrysostom, and Gregory the Presanctified].
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 59) April 14, 2014
- Felsefe dersleri : April 9, 2014
- Ayten / April 9, 2014
- Pervin abla : April 9, 2014
- Aks?am gu?nes?i : April 9, 2014