On Tuesday, Libraries Assembly put together a really great passport event for staff to learn more about the different departments and groups within our organization. Eighteen groups volunteered to set up a table with information and activities:
- Adopt-a-Highway Team
- Center for Data and Visualization Sciences
- Conservation Services
- Data and Reporting Learning Group
- DivE-In Council
- Divinity Library
- East Campus Libraries (Lilly and Music)
- Family History and Genealogy Research Guide and the Genealogy@Duke Team
- Ford Library (Business)
- Knitting Club
- Law Library
- Libraries Assembly
- Libraries Summer Camp
- Medical Center Library and Archives
- Munch & Mull Digital Scholarship Group
- Where in the World am I from (International Area Studies)
We were there to distribute our new bookmarks, branded buttons, and instruct visitors in simple pamphlet binding.
The library staff who attended were given a passport with space for each group to stamp (or in our case draw a little doodle in highlighter). They were then able to enter their completed passport for prizes in a raffle.
It was a really great way to spend an hour and interact with our peers. We have welcomed many new staff over the last year, so it was nice to meet some of the new folks. It was also a great opportunity to catch up with colleagues from all of the different libraries around campus. Hopefully this will become an annual event!