You’re nearly there! Here are some resources to power you through the end of the semester and beyond.
End-of-Semester Library Events
Miniature Therapy Horses at Lilly Library – Saturday, April 23rd from 11 AM to 1 PM. Take a break from studying and drop by Lilly Library to de-stress with the miniature therapy horses from Stampede of Love and relax with some snacks!
Crafternoon – Tuesday, April 26th from 1 to 3 PM. Stop by Perkins Library to relax and clear your mind with various crafting activities: coloring, origami, make-your-own bookmarks and zines, and more!
To Help You Study
- Find Library Spaces for Studying
- Extended Library study hours at Perkins & Bostock and Lilly Library, Thursday, April 21st through Saturday, April 30th
- Research Assistance
- Residence Hall Librarians for first-year students
- Live chat with a librarian
- Check out our Research Guides for useful sources and databases by topic
- Need help citing sources? Check out our guides to using APA, MLA, Chicago, and CSE
Take a Break
- Duke Libraries Spotify Playlists (songs contributed by DUL staff)
- Rubenstein Coloring Sheets
Take Care of Yourself
- Caring for self and others
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Blue Devils Care 24/7 Telehealth Support
- Drug Education and Harm Reduction
- Emergency Assistance
The Library @ Home
The library is always here for you! Maybe you already know that you can access many of our online resources from home or that you can check out books to take home with you. We also have movies and music that you can stream and some e-books that you can download to your devices. Here are some of the resources we have to do this!
Streaming Video includes:
Kanopy: Watch thousands of award-winning documentaries and feature films including titles from the Criterion Collection.
SWANK Digital Campus: Feature films from major Hollywood studios.
See the full list: bit.ly/dukevideos.
Go to duke.overdrive.com to access downloadable eBooks and audiobooks that can be enjoyed on all major computers and devices, including iPhones®, iPads®, Nooks®, Android™ phones and tablets, and Kindles®.
Streaming Music includes:
Contemporary World Music: Listen to music from around the world, including reggae, Bollywood, fado, American folk music, and more.
Jazz Music Library: Access a wide range of recordings from jazz classics to contemporary jazz.
Medici.tv: Browse an online collection of classical music, operas and ballets.
Metropolitan Opera on Demand: For opera fans, a large selection of opera videos from the stage of the Metropolitan Opera.
Naxos Music Library: Huge selection of classical music recordings—over 1,925,000 tracks!
Smithsonian Global Sound: Find and listen to streaming folk and related music
See the full list: library.duke.edu/music/resources/listening-online