If you deal with large amounts of data and especially if you use spreadsheets to work with it, there is a new tool for you. Freebase Gridworks allows you to upload data and then examine, filter and do data cleanup for ‘grid-shaped data.’ Visit the Gridworks project site for more information and videos that more fully explain and demonstrate some of the functionality of this tool.
Short List of Gridworks Functions
- Bring similar data together for normalization (CIT and C.I.T. or just plain old data entry errors)
- Create facets based on any column of data
- Make graphs of any two columns to quickly visualize relationships
- Pull data from the Freebase database to add to your own data
- Make external data sets more useful by creating linking
This is just a brief list, but visit the site for more detail and see how Gridworks could save you time in data cleanup or help to create visualizations you couldn’t before.