It may sound like a lot of questions rolled into one, but the process for locating resources in various formats is fairly consistent.
* Basic Search:
- From the library homepage, type the title into the search box under the catalog tab.
- Choose “Title begins with” from the drop down menu, and click “Go”. This will search the entire library catalog and retrieve the results.
- Because the search included all formats of the title, you may need to scroll a bit to find what you need.
* Advanced Search: (Limiting to specific types of materials)
- Click on “Advanced Search” from the library homepage search box.
- Under “Format” in the blue box on the right of the screen, select “Film/Video”, “Audio Books” or another type of resource from the drop down menu
- Select “Title Keywords” from the drop down menu
- Enter Title keywords and click “Go”
*“How Do I…?” Feature Box:
The feature box linked above offers numerous helpful hints and guides when searching for specific types of materials.
Some of the helpful links include searches for books, journals, movies and lots more. Explore it a bit. You might learn a useful thing or two!
Written by Kathi Matsura