Interested in being alerted whenever something new is added to this blog?
You can subscribe via your favorite RSS feed reader by using the Full Feed link in the sidebar. In most browsers, you can also click on the feed icon in the address bar and add this blog (or any of its categories) as a “live bookmark”, meaning that when you click on the bookmark it should always show you the latest postings.
Or you can use the form below to subscribe via e-mail. You will be alerted with an e-mail message whenever something new is posted, and can unsubscribe at any time by returning to this page.
Policy on Electronic Course Content
For help deciding whether course content in Blackboard or some other digital form is fair use or requires copyright permission, consult this policy document adopted by the Academic Council in February 2008.
Search the Scholarly Communications Blog
- Authors' Rights
- Copyright in the Classroom
- Copyright Information Notes
- Copyright Issues and Legislation
- Digital Rights Management
- Fair Use
- international IP
- Open Access and Institutional Repositories
- Open Access topics
- Orphan works
- Public Domain
- Scholarly Publishing
- Traditional Knowledge
- User Generated Content
- Academic publisher on Finding out who your friends are
- Martina Periodicos on The GSU decision — not an easy road for anyone
- Jeff Malaguilla on The six million dollar fair use standard
- Kevin Smith on “the radical disaggregation of scholarship” | Marygrove Library News on Meet me at the intersection
- friends and foes at Attempting Elegance on Finding out who your friends are