We’re celebrating the beginning of a new fiscal year with a week’s worth of new acquisitions from the first half of 2012. Two newly acquired selections will be featured in a post every day this week. All of these amazing resources are available for today’s scholars, and for future generations of researchers in the Rubenstein [...]Continue Reading →
We’re celebrating the beginning of a new fiscal year with a week’s worth of new acquisitions from the first half of 2012. Two newly acquired selections will be featured in a post every day this week. All of these amazing resources will be available for today’s scholars, and for future generations of researchers in the [...]Continue Reading →
To celebrate the publication of Reynolds Price’s final book, Midstream, as well as the fiftieth anniversary of his first book, [...]Continue Reading →
The Academy of American Poets recently published an article about Robert Frost’s annual winter holiday poems, which were printed as small chapbooks and sent through the mails as holiday greetings.
Published for more than 30 years from Joseph Blumenthal’s Spiral Press, the poems were often written specifically for [...]Continue Reading →
Scary, but true: the Rubenstein’s Hinton Collection of Plays contains what’s believed to be the first published image of Frankenstein’s Creature (or “Monster,” if you’re feeling pejorative). Are you ready to face the horror?
Now that you’ve recovered from the shock, you’ll be interested to know that this image [...]Continue Reading →
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks audubon civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games german judaica holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen madmenmondays movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography postcards recipes researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students thanksgiving wola women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Paul Derval, a le plaisir de vous presenter Une vraie folie : superspectacle en 2 actes et 40 tableaux de Michel Gyarmathy.
- Casino de Paris : Tout Paris, revue en 2 actes et 45 tableaux de M.M. Albert Willemetz, Saint Granier et Jean Le Seyeux, présentée par Léon Volterra.
- Premier album descriptif de Montmartre en 1927
- Le tabac et les fumeurs May 20, 2013
- The Whitin Machine Works, Whitinsville, Mass. builders of cotton machinery : cards, railway heads, drawing frames, spinning frames, spoolers, wet and dry twisters, reels, long chain quilling machines, looms, etc., etc May 20, 2013
- A progressive course of inventive drawing on the principles of Pestalozzi : for the use of teachers and self-instruction : also with a view to its adaptation to art and manufacture May 20, 2013
- Bilder aus der Zukunft : zwei Erzählungen aus dem vierundzwanzigsten und neununddreissigsten Jahrhundert May 20, 2013
- Now May 13, 2013