I found the description amusing as to why he wanted to know this as well as the fact that he actually mailed the bone in question.
Equally as amusing to me is that Irving Gray, Chair of the Zoology Dept., took the time to reply.
Just for fun, please see both letters below.
Post contributed by Kim Sims, Technical Services Archivist for the Duke University Archives.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history archives artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durham durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Haiti Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography recipes renovation rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Legal forms for use in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, between 1820-1850. November 19, 2014
- Joseph DiMona newspaper clippings, 1978, 1980. November 17, 2014
- Jane White papers, 1952-2013. November 14, 2014
- Research Triangle Institute printed materials, 1965-1973. November 13, 2014
- J. O. Shackelford letter, 1874 March 3. November 13, 2014
- Der Prairiefuchs : eine Erzählung aus dem Amerikanischen (Volume c.1) November 7, 2014
- Lebensräthsel : Novellen (Volume Bd.1+2 c.1) November 7, 2014
- Das Landhaus am Rhein : Roman (Volume Bd.1+2 c.1) November 7, 2014
- Amerikanisches Skizzebüchelche. Eine Epistel in Versen .. (Volume c.3) November 7, 2014
- Amerikanisches Skizzebüchelche. Eine Epistel in Versen .. (Volume c.2) November 7, 2014