Date: October 31, 2013
Time: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Location: Perkins Library, Room 217
Contact: Rachel Ingold, 919-684-8549 or rachel.ingold(at)duke.edu
Stop by for a special Halloween “eeeks”-ibit and open house featuring some of the creepiest and most macabre items from the shadowy depths of the Rubenstein Library’s vaults. Will you dare to:
- Gaze in awe at a box full of glass eyeballs?
- Feel your head spin as you read letters describing the case that inspired The Exorcist (from the Parapsychology Laboratory Records)?
- Quoth nevermore after experiencing Gustave Doré’s illustrations for The Raven?
- Steel yourself to view a medieval amputating saw?
- Cackle frightfully at seventeenth-century accounts of witchcraft?
- Sink your teeth into images of vampires, werewolves, the living dead, and Frankenstein’s monster?
These and many other spook-tacular books, photographs, comics, diaries, letters, artifacts, and more will be on display!
Oh, and did we mention that there will be free candy?
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students valentinesday women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 66 no. 27-51) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 60) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 59) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 57) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 56) April 14, 2014