Mad Men brought us many great moments this season, and so did our weekly search for vintage ads to accompany the episodes each Monday morning. In the process, we discovered more interesting ads than we could post. We decided to share some of those in two final blogs that were calling our Mad Men Monday Outtakes.
This week we give you ads that almost made the cut for our earlier blogs. For instance, on April 22, we chose a more traditional picture of Avon than we offer here in an ad we really liked for bath products. Others we chose in anticipation of possible themes or references on future episodes, but as always, Mad Men kept us guessing. If the season had extended to December, 1968, we were certain there would be some reference to the Elvis comeback concert. And we found Seagram’s warning about hunting accidents one week too late.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games halloween holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography postcards recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Der Triumph der Philosophie im Achtzehnten Jahrhunderte December 6, 2013
- The citizen's atlas of the world : containing 156 pages of maps and plans, with an index, a gazetteer, and geographical statistics December 3, 2013
- Mis memorias November 25, 2013
- The habits of a well-organized married life November 25, 2013
- Quintus Curtius his History of the wars of Alexander : with a large index November 25, 2013