The weather for the past week has been nothing but rain here in North Carolina. Just for fun, I looked up the January 17, 1862 entry in this diary from Philadelphia, and guess what I found?
January 17, 1862: Not very pleasant. (It was also “rainy and unpleasant” on January 18.) Perhaps this woman should have borrowed J. Walter Thompson’s umbrella, from the J. Walter Thompson Artifacts and Memorabilia collection.
Despite the rain, both of these collections safely made it to swing space today.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games halloween holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography postcards recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Anekdoten für das Herz December 10, 2013
- Sammlung von Geschichten, Erzählungen und kurzen Aufsätzen : Mädchen und Jünglinge zur angenehm Unterhaltung December 9, 2013
- Auf den Spuren der Azteken : ein mexikanisches Reisebuch December 9, 2013
- Yankees und Indianer December 9, 2013
- A third letter from the Rev. Robert Hawker, D.D., Vicar of Charles, Plymouth, to the Rev. R. Polwhele, Vicar of Manaccan, Cornwall December 9, 2013