This past Saturday, Duke’s football team defeated Wake Forest, 34-27 (Go, Duke!).
In honor of this victory, the Duke University Archives thought it would be fun to share some historical photos we recently received from the Sports Information Office. These action shots are from football games in 1931 and 1932 show Duke playing (and defeating: 28-0 in 1931 and 9-0 in 1932) Wake Forest.
For more Duke football, check out our digital collection of Duke football game program covers or our set of football team photos on Flickr. Or, stop by the University Archives and look through the Football Records!
Post contributed by Kimberly Sims, Technical Services Archivist for Duke University Archives.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history archives artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durham durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Haiti Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography recipes renovation rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Internationalist Books and Community Center records, 1960s-2011. August 26, 2014
- Marcel Montassut papers, 1914-1975. August 21, 2014
- Bengal Chamber of Commerce letter of gratitude to Daniel Mackinlay upon his retirement, 1860 February 21. August 21, 2014
- John Symonds Breedon diaries and account books, 1736-1808. August 18, 2014
- Rosina Lyon letters, 1846-1849. August 15, 2014
- Walden; or, Life in the woods August 22, 2014
- Precationes ex veteribus orthodoxis doctoribus : ex ecclesiae hymnis et canticis, ex Psalmis denique Dauidis collectae, et nunc recens recognitae & auctae August 8, 2014
- The danger of premature interment : proved from many remarkable instances of people who have recovered after being laid out for dead, and of others entombed alive, for want of being properly examined prior to interment : also a description of the manner the ancient Egyptians, and other nations preserved and venerated their dead, and a curious account of their sepulchral ever burning lamps and mausoleums : likewise, the pernicious effects of burying in the body churches, and confined church-yards pointed out, whereby many valuable lives have been lost to the public, and their friends : selected from historical records August 7, 2014
- Conseils aux femmes de quarante ans August 7, 2014
- Ueber die Grundsütze und die Natur des Schünen ... (Volume c.1) August 27, 2014
- Kurzweile in Sinngedichten. (Volume c.1) August 27, 2014
- Empfindsame Reimereien. (Volume c.1) August 27, 2014
- Oesterreichische Biedermanns-Chronik. (Volume c.1) August 27, 2014
- Die Schildwache / (Volume Stuck4 c.1) August 27, 2014