Happy Friday! Preparing for our upcoming renovation continues at the Rubenstein. This book’s title made us giggle, especially considering the high temperatures we’ve been facing lately in Durham. If you’d like to learn more about Spontaneous Combustion: A Literary Curiosity, you can check out the catalog record. It is a 1937 medical publication discussing cases of spontaneous combustion in literature.
For more photos of our favorite renovation discoveries, visit the Rubenstein’s Flickr page.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar comicbooks conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games halloween holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography postcards recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- The citizen's atlas of the world : containing 156 pages of maps and plans, with an index, a gazetteer, and geographical statistics December 3, 2013
- Mis memorias November 25, 2013
- The habits of a well-organized married life November 25, 2013
- Quintus Curtius his History of the wars of Alexander : with a large index November 25, 2013
- Memoirs of a country doll November 25, 2013