Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011
Time: 3:30 PM
Location: Rare Book Room
Contact Information: Kelly Wooten, 919-660-5967 or kelly.wooten(at)duke.edu
Emily Thuma, recipient of one of this year’s Mary Lily Research Grants awarded by the Sallie Bingham Center for Women’s History and Culture, will discuss her post-doctoral research to revise her dissertation, “Not a Wedge, But a Bridge”: Prisons, Feminist Activism, and the Politics of Gendered Violence, 1968-1987.
She received her Ph.D. in American Studies from New York University and is currently a Visiting Scholar at the Center for Race and Gender at University of California, Berkeley.
Light refreshments will be served. This event is co-sponsored by the Program in Women’s Studies as part of the “Future of the Feminist 1970s” series.
Post contributed by Kelly Wooten, Research Services and Collection Development Librarian for the Sallie Bingham Center for Women’s History and Culture.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history archives artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durham durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Haiti Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights madmen Mad Men madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom photography recipes renovation rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- Bill Brown Zine Collection, 1981-2011. September 23, 2014
- Center for Justice and Accountability records. September 19, 2014
- Linda Gilbert account and scrapbook, 1894. September 18, 2014
- Frederick B. Nightingale stereographs of China, 1920-1921. September 18, 2014
- Lantern slides and art photos produced by the American Colony photographers illustrating Bible lands, 1910s-1940s. September 16, 2014
- Dealing in hate : the development of anti-German propaganda September 29, 2014
- How we smelled and why September 25, 2014
- River of grass September 25, 2014
- Words of Chan K'in : Lacandon jungle. September 25, 2014
- The heart wants what it wants. September 25, 2014
- Thirty-first annual report of the South-Western Bible Society : presented Jan. 16th, 1881. Also, an address of B.M. Palmer, D.D., "God's providence towards the Bible" September 23, 2014
- Of queens' gardens September 23, 2014
- A brief history of the imprisonment of James Saunders, of North Carolina, son of the Hon. R. M. Saunders, our minister to Spain, at the New Hampshire insane asylum, written by himself September 23, 2014
- The description of Bath. A poem September 23, 2014
- Der Genius : aus den Papieren des Marquis C* von G** / von Grosse September 17, 2014