The RBMSCL is now accepting applications for our 2010-2011 travel grants. The Sallie Bingham Center for Women’s History and Culture, the John Hope Franklin Research Center for African and African American History and Culture, and the John W. Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History will award up to $1,000 per recipient to fund travel and other expenses related to visiting the RBMSCL to use their collections. The grants are open to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and independent scholars living outside a 50-mile radius from Durham, NC.
More details—and the grant application—may be found here. Applications must be postmarked no later than January 29, 2010. Recipients will be announced in March 2010.
Search The Devil’s Tale
Tag Cloud2011acquisitions 2012acquisition 2013acquisition advertisements advertising African American history artistsbooks civilwar conservation diaries digitization documentary dorisduke dukehistory durhamhistory economists events film fullframe games Heschel holidays human rights letterhead literature longcivilrights Mad Men madmen madmenmondays medicine movediary move prep movinghom oversized photography recipes renovation researchtips rubensteinstaff scrapbooks sports students valentinesday women's history zines
The Devil’s Tale Archive
- William Stephenson Robertson notebooks and accountbooks, 1854-1886.
- Civil Rights vertical file, 1963-1966.
- African-American funeral orders of service, 1951-1979.
- Friedrich Grünwald China and Southeast Asia photograph album, travel records notebook, envelope, and postcard, 1890-1941.
- Thomas H. Loomis scrapbook, 1874-1908.
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 67) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 66 no. 27-51) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 66 no. 1-27) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 62) April 14, 2014
- North Carolina Christian advocate [serial] (Volume 61) April 14, 2014