For those playing along at home you will remember that we were flooded a few weeks ago due to a construction incident. Today we are almost back to normal. Our new floor was laid, waxed and buffed this week. Yesterday and today we got the supplies back in the supply room.
Clockwise from upper left: The brand new shiny floor was quickly utilized by Marco, Todd and Jim from LendLease. They put our shelving back and helped move the large heavy supplies back on the shelves. Thanks guys!
I finished putting away the smaller supplies this morning. The upside to this incident is that we got to get rid of a lot of stuff we didn’t need and freed up some space. We just need to get the floors cleaned and we will be back to normal. Sort of…
In the next few days they are tearing down a wall in the photo doc room in order to remove the old elevator shaft. We have had to set up our photo doc station in the dirty room until that room is rebuilt and a new floor put down. It’s a tight squeeze but at least it is temporary. The hoe-ramming of bedrock on the other side of our wall starts on Monday. If you come see us, please be patient, we may not hear the doorbell on the first ring.
Powered by WPeMatico
Search the Rubenstein Renovation Blog
- Perkins Library Entrance Closing May 12 March 25, 2014
- Rubenstein Library Renovation Update: March 24-April 4 March 21, 2014
- An Exhibit Librarian’s Adventure in Washington, D.C. March 20, 2014
- Coming to Bostock Library in January 2015: The Research Commons March 17, 2014
- Rubenstein Library Renovation Update: Mar. 10-24 March 10, 2014