April 1st marked our 9th annual Edible Book Festival. We raised over $400 for the Duke Libraries Memorial Fund through our silent auction.
Thanks to the following for donating prizes:
A big thank-you to everyone who entered, bid, and helped set up the festival. Thanks especially to Mark Z. for taking pictures. It takes a village to put on this event and we are deeply appreciative of the support we get from our Library and our colleagues.
Winners of the popular vote:
- Most Edible: Lean In (Novicki)
- Least Edible: To Kill A MOCKingbird (Mueller)
- Best Student Entry: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Copeland)
- Punniest: Silence of the Yams (Brennan; above)
- Most Book-like: Book of Kells (Mellon)
- Best in Show: Book of Kells (Mellon)
Images of all of the entries are on Flickr. Which entry is your favorite?
Help Wanted: You Can Help Keep Our Collections In Good Condition (installed 10/2/12)
On display in Perkins Library, Lower Level 1, Room 023. Open during regular library hours.
Search Preservation Underground