Instruction Retreat 2012
Practicing Reflective Teaching
May 10, 2012
9:00am – 1:30pm
- To introduce librarians to or remind librarians of the importance of reflective practice.
- To give librarians several methods to improve their teaching by closely considering their work in previously taught classes.
- To provide librarians with resources related to instructional improvement.
After participating in this retreat, librarians will be able to…
- Explain the value of reflective practice in library instruction.
- Describe methods for reflecting on/improving their teaching.
- Create a statement describing their personal teaching philosophies.
- Decide whether or not to participate in a teaching triangle/peer observation, and describe the value of peer observation.
- Describe easy ways to reflect post-instruction.
- List resources they can use for reflection and instructional improvement.