The Digital Collections team has been watching a lot of commercials lately. In fact, in building the AdViews Collection, we’ve digitized, reviewed, described, and published close to 10,000 vintage television commercials dating from the 1950s to the 1980s. Over the last year, we’ve learned some valuable lessons from our work on AdViews. For [...]Continue Reading →
[Note: This is a guest post from Rita Johnston, Project Digitization Assistant for the NHPRC-funded ROAD 2.0 project. Thanks, Rita!]
ROAD 2.0 (Resource of Outdoor Advertising Descriptions) is a project to digitize images of billboards described in the ROAD database and match them with existing metadata. What I find interesting about the collection as [...]Continue Reading →
I’m excited to announce that we’ve launched 3,000 new commercials in the AdViews digital collection on iTunes U.
This includes over 50 new products and brands, such as the American Association of Railroads, Burma Shave, Bounce, Eastern Airlines, Folgers, Glade, Pepto-Bismol, Prell, Sanka, and Zest. We’ve also added many new [...]Continue Reading →
The Duke Digital Collections team is excited to announce our newest project: AdViews, a digital archive of vintage television commercials. Our first batch of commercials went live in iTunes U last night (July 20, 2009), and we’ll continue to add thousands of historic commercials to the collection through the rest of 2009. [...]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to the Blog
- Molly Graham Welch on Subscribe
- Organizing Anarchy: The Revitalization and Revamp of the Forgotten Zine Archive - Archive Journal Issue 4 on Why We’re Not Digitizing Zines
- Anne on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Don Nelson on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Jen Hopkins on Secrets of Duke Digital Collections … Revealed!