One of the things we enjoy using the Digital Collections Blog for is to highlight notable items from Duke’s digital collections and tell you why we think they’re interesting, or thought-provoking, or important, or funny. But there are some digital objects where it’s obvious why we love them, so no explanation seems necessary. This image, [...]Continue Reading →
A new exhibit entitled “Displacement: The Three Gorges Dam in Contemporary Chinese Art” opens tonight at the Nasher Museum of Art here at Duke. In the exhibit, four contemporary artists respond to the Three Gorges Dam, a project to build a hydroelectric dam across the Yangtze River, completed near Yichang, China, in 2008. [...]Continue Reading →
We recently posted a slideshow providing sample images highlighting what the Sidney Gamble Photograph collection looked like before we turned it into a digital collection.
The slideshow is included on a page (About the Photographs and the Project) that provides background information describing how the collection came to Duke.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to the Blog
- Anne on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Don Nelson on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Jen Hopkins on Secrets of Duke Digital Collections … Revealed!
- just surfin on The Duke Digital Collections Mother of the Year Awards
- Richard W. Davey on The Duke Digital Collections Mother of the Year Awards