I attended Open Repositories 2009 Conference this past week. Overall it was a very informative conference on the open source repository platforms (Fedora, dSpace, ePrints, Zentity), current projects and developments using these platforms, and future directions of repositories. Below are some relevant notes from the conference.
There were a few presentations that discussed [...]Continue Reading →
I attended the CNI Spring Task Force Meeting in Minneapolis, April 6-7, 2009. Below are some takeaways that I found noteworthy, especially as they relate to repositories.
Keynote Address – David Rosenthal, Chief Scientist, LOCKSS, Stanford University: David challenged some of the prevailing thought on digital preservation regarding format obsolescence. He stated that incompatibility is [...]Continue Reading →
I gave a presentation yesterday to CNI on our Trident Project. The slides are belowContinue Reading →
Subscribe to the Blog
- Molly Graham Welch on Subscribe
- Organizing Anarchy: The Revitalization and Revamp of the Forgotten Zine Archive - Archive Journal Issue 4 on Why We’re Not Digitizing Zines
- Anne on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Don Nelson on Jingles, Singing Commercials, and other Earworms: Highlights from AdViews
- Jen Hopkins on Secrets of Duke Digital Collections … Revealed!