What is it?
A website optimized for use on handheld devices such as cellphones, iPods, and PDAs:
- These are new web pages created specifically with the needs of mobile users in mind.
- This pilot project does not duplicate the main library web site — mobile device users can still access the content on the main library web site when in need of more detailed information.
Key points about our pilot:
- Compact display: information optimized for the very small screen space available on handheld devices — every pixel counts.
- Compact file size: patrons often pay a fee for each byte transmitted to their device, and handheld devices often have very slow connection speeds — every byte counts.
- Tightly focused content: the content we provide is closely tied to the tasks people are most likely to undertake on a handheld device — context counts.
- Optimized Navigation: navigation is optimized for handheld devices (e.g., using access-keys for keypad navigation).
Feedback, Suggestions, or Questions?
We are keenly interested in your ideas. Please post your comments letting us know what Library information would be helpful to you if it were part of the http://library.duke.edu/mobile website.