Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people—people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.
– E.B. White
We just had to share this video with some of our fellow bibliophiles out there.
On February 21, 2013, Duke undergraduate and graduate students gathered in Perkins Library to show off their personal book collections for the Andrew T. Nadell Book Collectors Contest.
Since 1947, the Friends of the Duke University Libraries have organized the contest in alternate years to promote reading for enjoyment and the development of students’ personal libraries. Eighteen students participated in this year’s contest—a record turnout! Here’s what they had to say about the books they love best. Enjoy!
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Andrew T. Nadell Book Collectors Contest!
Undergraduate 1st Prize
Undergraduate 2nd Prize
Graduate 1st Prize
Graduate 2nd Prize (tie)
Recent Library News
- Sound Bites, A Polarizing President and the Struggle for the Senate: Hagan vs. Tillis in North Carolina, Oct. 28
- The Incredibles on the Quad!
- The Memory Project at Duke: Film Screenings and Events Coming this October
- Duke Credit Union Removing Perkins Library ATM
- New Exhibit: Queering Duke History: Understanding the LGBTQ Experience at Duke and Beyond
Browse Our Other Blogs
Browse our 20 distinct library blogs at Duke University...
Browse by Category
Browse by Month