This post is brought to you by Alerts! – a special section of Library Hacks. Weekly, you can look forward to new database announcements, updates, and (rare) outage notices. Stay tuned!
ProQuest® will be performing infrastructure maintenance on July 30, 2011. A twelve (12) hour maintenance window will be required for this maintenance. The window will take place from Saturday, July 30, 2011, at 22:00 EDT to Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 10:00 EDT.
- NetLibrary + EBSCO
NetLibrary has transitioned to EBSCOhost! The look and functionality is different. To get the full functionality, create a myEBSCO folder and acquire the license you need to download books to your computer or other compatible device. The interface for searching and looking at the books and tables of content in NetLibrary have also been revamped.
EBSCO support offers a variety of user guides and tutorials to help you navigate the new interface and make the most of the increased functionality. Supported reader devices include the Nook (as well as the color and gossamer models) and the Sony reader (several models) and any e-reader that is compatible with Adobe Digital Editions . One of the most attractive features of the new version of NetLibrary is that library patrons may select the length of time they can borrow the e-book. If you just want to read a chapter or two, check it out for a day or if you want to read it from the front over image to the back cover image then you can opt to have it for longer. Let us know how it is working out for you!
- Project MUSE, expanded coverage and full runs from now available
The 10 titles, their new coverage periods, and the collections to which they belong are:
- Asian Bioethics Review, Dec. 2008 inaugural issue tot he current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection.
- Diaspora: A Journal of Transnational Studies, Vol. 1, 1991-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection, and Social Sciences collection.
- Eighteenth-Century Fiction Vol. 1, 1988-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium, Humanities and Social Sciences Collections.
- Genocide Studies and Prevention, Vol. 1, 2006-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection.
- Late Imperial China, Vol. 1, 1965-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium, Standard and Basic Research Collections.
- Minnesota Review, No. 1, 1973-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection.
- Nka: Journal of Contemporary African Art, Iss. 1, 1994-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection.
- Northeast African Studies, Vol. 1, 1994-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium, Standard, and Social Sciences Collections.
- Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Vol. 111, 2007-current issue. Found in Project MUSE’s Premium and Standard Collections.
- Tenso, Vol. 1, 1985/86-current issue (complete run.) Found in Project MUSE’s Premium Collection.
Stay tuned for more back issue availability from Project MUSE!
Electronic resources such as e-journals and databases are generally accessible only to Duke community members such as faculty, staff and students.
Browse Our Other Blogs
Browse our 17 distinct library blogs at Duke University...
Browse by Category
Browse by Month