In further Facebook takes over the universe (at least the parts not already claimed by Google) news, there’s a new application in Facebook called CiteMe. You enter the title of the book you want to cite, click go, and the app spits out a formatted citation in one of five styles (APA, Chicago, Harvard. MLA, or Turabian).
It uses the WorldCat library catalog to find books, so it won’t be helpful for citing journal articles. If you’re working with journal articles, you can check our Citing Sources pages for examples and do them by hand, or get started with RefWorks or EndNote, the two citation managers Duke has site licenses for, or Zotero, a free online citation manager. Lots of choices, but CiteMe is a nice little addition to the mix!
Written by Phoebe Acheson
Recent Library News
- Sound Bites, A Polarizing President and the Struggle for the Senate: Hagan vs. Tillis in North Carolina, Oct. 28
- The Incredibles on the Quad!
- The Memory Project at Duke: Film Screenings and Events Coming this October
- Duke Credit Union Removing Perkins Library ATM
- New Exhibit: Queering Duke History: Understanding the LGBTQ Experience at Duke and Beyond
Browse Our Other Blogs
Browse our 20 distinct library blogs at Duke University...
Browse by Category
Browse by Month