I guess you have the Call Number and Title, but now you’re wondering where to go? Given the ongoing construction at Perkins, this is a very common question – and fortunately easy to answer!
* For Perkins/Bostock Libraries:
- Most books are located either on Perkins Lower Level 2 or Bostock 4
- Some exceptions include: current periodicals or newspapers, microfiche, East Asian collection, Reference sources and government documents. Locations are indicated in the “Find Books” link near the center of the homepage (under the How Do I… heading)
* For materials at the Library Service Center:
- Use the GetIt@Duke “Request” link for retrieval and delivery to a library location convenient to you. Email notification will be sent when it arrives.
* For “In-Process LC” books:
- These sources can still be retrieved with the GetIt@Duke “Request” link, and an email will be sent to you when it is available for pick-up.
- These materials have Dewey call numbers (notice they begin with numbers- not letters), and haven’t completed reclassification into the Library of Congress (LC) system.
* For materials at other libraries:
- Includes information for locating books at both Lilly and the Divinity Library
You can also check with the Circulation or Reference desks if you are unable to locate a book on the shelf, or request a search for the missing book.
Written by Kathi Matsura
Browse Our Other Blogs
Browse our 20+ distinct library blogs at Duke University...
Browse by Category
Browse by Month