Anatomical fugitive sheets are single sheets, very similar to items such as broadsides [early printed advertisements] that date from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries and are incredibly rare and fragile. Eight of the ten sheets in our collections have overlays or moveable parts adding to the complexity of creating an online presence that allows a user to open or lift the flap digitally.
We’re looking for a talented design team to help us connect the past to the present. See the prospectus for candidate contractors linked below.
Welcome to Bitstreams!
News, pictures and digital projects know-how served weekly!
Be sure to also visit Duke Digital Collections.
- Meet Information Technology Services: Digital Repository Services
- Meet staff from Assessment and User Experience
- Meet Information Technology Services: Digital Projects and Production Services
- Anatomy of an Exhibit Kiosk
- Comparing Photographic Views of the Civil War in Duke’s Newest Digital Collection
Follow us on Facebook