Please note: the Answer Person retired from the Libraries in 2010.
This is the blog of the Library AnswerPerson, also sometimes known as the Suggestion Book. You can find the paper book in the lobby of Perkins Library, where you can ask your own questions or give your own suggestions, and read the responses given to what was written by others. Or you can ask a question online using the Ask a Question page in this blog. Either way, answers will appear here, though ones from the paper book only get updated in the blog every once in a while.
Want to know more about the Answer Person? Check out these articles:
- Baerman, Paul. “No One Knew What the Patron Was Seeking at That Height: The Eternal Mystery of Answer Person.” Duke University Libraries Magazine, 16:3 (Summer 2003).
- Bernstein, Justin, and the Editors. “The Search for the Library Answer Person.” Carpe Noctem (Spring 2003).
- Bliwise, Robert J. “The Book of Answers.” Duke Magazine (July-August, 2000)
- Liu, Jennifer. “It’s the answer man to you!” The Chronicle Online (February 11, 1998).
- Schaefer, Lucas, “Who is the Answer Person? The Chronicle Online (March 8, 2002).
- Answer Person entry to Duke Libraries’ Pivotal Books Exhibit (August-October, 2008).